Apply for a Grant
The Grant Cycle is now closed - please stay tuned for our Grant Awards!
To honor the legacy of its namesake, the Penny Allison Early Childhood Fund is dedicated to advancing the cause of Early Childhood Education. The Fund welcomes applications for grants from school programs such as Kindergarten, Pre-K Counts, Head Start, and other nonprofit organizations serving children and families in Carbon County, Pennsylvania. Applications are due March 31, 2021 by 5:00 PM.
The Anastasia Susko Memorial Scholarship is a one-year, non-renewable $1500 scholarship awarded annually to any qualified graduating female high school senior (or home-schooled student who has a state-recognized graduation certificate/diploma) residing in Jim Thorpe, PA, who is seeking to further her education at the collegiate level. Applications are due March 1, 2021 and can be picked up in the Jim Thorpe Guidance Office.
The Orioles Scouting Scholarship shall be a one-year, non-renewable scholarship awarded annually to a qualified graduating high school senior (or home-schooled student who has a state recognized graduation certificate/diploma) residing in Carbon County, PA, who is seeking to further their education at a 4 or 2-year college or technical school. Applications are due March 1, 2021 by 5:00 PM.
The Tyler Strong Memorial Scholarship shall be a one-year, $500 non-renewable scholarship awarded annually to a qualified graduating high school senior (or home-schooled student who has a state recognized graduation certificate/diploma) residing in Jim Thorpe Area School District, Jim Thorpe, PA, who is seeking to further their education at a trade/technical school or community college. Applications are due March 1, 2021 and can be picked up in the Jim Thorpe Guidance office.
Guidelines for Grants
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are encouraged to apply. If you do not have a 501(c)(3) status, please contact CCCF’s director to see if it might still be possible for you to apply.
- If applicant is not the Chief Executive Officer themselves, he or she should have authorization from the CEO to apply on the organization’s behalf.
- Applicants are welcome to request all manner of support, including program, capital, and operational support.
- All fields of community service are eligible for funding consideration.
- The project, program, or activities for which funding is sought should be completed within the 12 month period following the grant award. As part of the grant agreement, the organization should expect to provide a brief follow-up report.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to list other resources, including in-kind support, in their budgets. CCCF may fund a project 100%, however, we encourage collaboration and like to see other resources committed.
- There is no specific grant amount range, however, applicants may reference the list of past grants to see what has been awarded.
Grant Cycles for Various Funds
|Fund||Area of Focus||Application Window||Grant(s) Awarded|
|20/20 Fund||All Areas||July-August||October|
|Fund for Carbon County||All Areas||February-March||June|
|Carbon County Creative Arts Fund||Creative Arts||February-March||June|
|Penny Allison Early Childhood Fund||Early Childhood Education||February-March||June|
|Scouting for Support Fund||Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts||February-March||June|
|Vahne’s Piggybank Fund||Children||Year Round||Quarterly|
|Anastasia Susko Memorial Scholarship Fund||Scholarship, Jim Thorpe ASD||February-March||May|
|Orioles Scouting Scholarship Fund||Scholarship, Boy/Girl Scout||February-March||May|
|Tyler Strong Memorial Scholarship Fund||Scholarship, Jim Thorpe ASD||February-March||May|